Friday, 31 October 2014

I want to make some noise about this! Who can I contact?

There are lots of people and organisations that you can contact about this decision.  The Beds in the Orchard campaign will be getting the press involved soon, but until then...

Contact your MP

David Morris - Morecambe and Lunesdale
Mail: Office 201, Riverway House, Morecambe Road, Lancaster LA1 2RX

Eric Ollerenshaw - Lancaster and Fleewood
Email:  OR use the form on his website -
Mail: 59 High Street, Great Eccleston, Lancashire, PR3 0YB

Contact the Lancashire Mental Health Commissioning Network

Ask them for information about why the service for women has been decommissioned.  Ask to see the assessment of clinical benefit to women from the closure of the unit.

Contact Lancashire County Council

The County Councill has a Health and Wellbeing committee that you can petition to look into the closure of the beds. 

Contact Lancaster City Council

The City Council has a scrutiny committee that you can petition to scrutinise the decision, based on it causing a negative impact on the local community.

If for any reason you would like someone to contact these people on your behalf, get in touch on the comments form below.

No comments:

Post a Comment